Who doesn’t like chips? And this is actually a healthy version! Made from ingredient like the super-food chia, coconut flour, and almond flour to mention a few, so you know it is good for you. On top of this it’s baked in the oven instead of fried, so it is low-fat as well. How good is that?
Homemade chips, potato free, low-carb and gluten free
1/2 cup (50 g) almond flour
1/4 cup (50 g) ground flax seeds
1 heaped tablespoon coconut flour
1 heaped tablespoon ground chia
1 tablespoon fiber husk
1/4 cup (120 ml) water
½ teaspoon salt + salt for sprinkling
1 tablespoon canola oil + 2 tablespoons for brushing
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika powder
¼ chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C).
- If you don’t have ground flax seeds and chia seeds you can use a coffee grinder.
- Combine all ingredients for the chips, remember to save 2 tablespoons oil for brushing, and let the dough rest for one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the spices for the seasoning.
- Divide the dough in two and roll them out between two pieces of plastic wrap until they are approximately 12×16 inches (30×40 cm). Brush with canola oil and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Turn it over onto a parchment paper covered baking tray and brush the other side. Sprinkle with seasoning an use a pizza wheel to cut the chips into triangles.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack too cool.
If you use the seasoning suggested here they work really well with guacamole, salsa and sour crème.
© endofpain.net – 2014